Sunday, September 16, 2007

Welcome to Phoenix



I pulled into Phoenix late Tuesday evening and met my friend Alex at work. Alex had a full work schedule – so I got a chance while visiting to catch up on the blog. [ Along with several loads of laundry :O) ] Alex took me out with to some neat places during the visit including Deluxe, FEZ, The Eagle and the Cellblock. There was some discussion about how my propriety field would work at The Cellblock. Apparently the management and community were notified of my pending visit – as on our arrival –the establishment was deserted and all the lights were turned on strangely enough. I also got a chance to meet some of his friends including Ron, Russ, Chuck, James, Derick and Lavell.
Alex also helped me get in touch with Karl's Custom shop right on Indian school road near his house. The shop graciously squeezed Chilipepper into their busy schedule to try and rececuitate the Van’s Air Conditioning. They tried their best to reassemble the compressor and get the system running, but it appears to require some new parts – so I left with a AC system that now does function but really only makes the inside air a little less hot. Good enough for me, I knew it would be a several step process to get the system back and running again.

No comments: