Thursday, September 13, 2007

A native I am not.

I am spending the entire day driving in desert heat with no air conditioning. Keeping the windows down on the highway bring the relief of 95 degree gusts of wind in the car. SO I pull in to a Burger King to get my favorite junkie fix of a CokeaCola Slushy. I am totally looking forward to a brain freeze drinking this thing and… “we don’t have slushies

WHAT??!! 110 degree Arizona and YOU DON’T HAVE SLUSHIES?

And to top it off I spot 3 people in the parking lot in shirts and pants. Are these people crazy? I am wearing as little clothing as legally allowable and sweating my face off.

That whole “it’s a dry heat” thing doesn’t mean anything at 110. That’s just HEAT.

Stupid dumb ass heat.

Which gave me delusions of a 60 degree Chill rolling in and watching everyone i see get frostbite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tommy,
So I'm trying to actually figure out what you are doing by reading your blog, but I'm pretty much hopelessly lost because each post starts at the top and reads down, but the next post down is then from earlier. Anyway, so who did you go on this trip with and where did you meet up. Half the trip seems to be you alone and the rest seems to involve a huge gang of people, including some sort of Chet field. Anyway, I'm guessing that Eric did not go, but I am glad that the two of you found a place (info? details?), and I appreciated the list of where you've been sleeping (since people keep asking my that question). Hope all is going well with your trip. Enjoy, eric