Wednesday, September 26, 2007

New Mexico







I tried to follow some actual parts of old 66 where I could find them marked. Some times the route was just parallel to Route 40. I can see why they replaced it. Some of the best parts I drove were extremely twisted. 15mph double curves. But probably one of the best lost scenic parts of the road. I stopped at the Red Rock state park to take pics. An awesome site - Too bad the Rvs were blocking the views.


























The Masonic Temple made of corrugated metal



I ended up following 66 into Albuquerque for a very late lunch and then headed out on 40 to San Rosa. There was a state park there I planned to stay at.

On reaching Santa Rosa I shot down the state park. Driving through a shanty town on the wrong side of the tracks turned me off to the idea – so I went back the main street [ route 66] and found a period motel to stay at with “Free Internet Access” - as in if you can get a signal off the crappy Linksys router in our office – its free!” I took some nice shots.



No comments: