Wednesday, September 26, 2007

American Hospitality



This was a new one. It was right on the sign. The owner explained it to me on check in by letting me know he HATES “Towelheads” They apparently stink up the rooms of curry and he will not rent to them. “Do you have a reservation?” is his method for weeding out people who hate America and revenge for the government giving them all the 7-11’s so they can run them into the ground. Since they are hiding Osama Bin Laden in India, he does not want them staying at his motel. I was wondering what he thought of Fruit cakes like me. But since I did not walk in with my rainbow pom poms and Go Go boots – I will never know. This is not the first time people felt free to download their prejudice to me. After all – I look like Richie Cunningham – so it is safe to assume Cracker boy will sympathize with whatever issue/grudge/chip on the shoulder.

No comments: