Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Everything is bigger in Texas. Including the rocks





I headed out of Towelhead-hater land early. I was hoping to get to Oklahoma City by early afternoon. I stopped off in Amerillo for gas and spotted Cavender's Boot Store.
Of course I had to stop in. I was in Texas after all.
The sales people were all cowboys! Or maybe …they were cowboys moonlighting as retail clerks until the herd came in? Whatver -It was all good to me. I ended up buying a pair of work boots. Wearing shoes without a tread in Upstate NY is a death wish 9 months of the year– so I declined on the cowboy boots. Leaving the store – I noticed my new 2 week old windshield took a rock. Stupid trucks.

I hightailed to Oklahoma City to see the Cowboy Hall of Fame. After some directions on the phone from my sister – I arrived 30 minutes before closing. So I thought. Apparently I lost an hour from New Mexico and I was actually there a half hour after closing. The nice lady said “At least you know how to get here tomorrow” without the least bit of sarcasm.

I headed down to Thunderbird state park for the evening and took some good sunset pics.



Tonight’s dinner – Country Vegetable with extra Ramen pride noodles and chocolate pudding. Mmmm. 21st century cowboy cooking. Now dat’s sum gud eatin’!.

No comments: