Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Cowboy Hall of Fame






















I really did not know what to expect at the Hall of Fame. But I walked away impressed. The center entrance of the complex featured “End of the Trail” by James Earle Fraser. An amazing piece in itself, a bronze version sits in a western park according to the curator. However, a HUGE vivid image of broken Indian spirit in the center of a celebration of Western expansion does not sit right with me. I looked for an explanation from both a guide and the literature and did not find a satisfactory explanation for its location here – just reverence for the art piece itself. The rest of the museum was very interesting.












I snapped alot of pictures of the displays and art work. You can find the whole set here. I left the Hall of Fame and jumped back on Oklahoma Route 66 to take as far as I could go to Missouri. I amanged to catch a few small towns on the way.





I found a KOA in Joplin MO for the evening and called it an early night.

No comments: