Tuesday, October 02, 2007

St. Louis - Gateway to the West






















I spent most of the day on the highway today. I wanted to get some afternoon pictures at the Gateway to the West in St. Louis. I managed to get around Friday rush hour traffic and made it downtown around 5:00pm to take some quick pics.

















































I think that of the whole Gateway, I liked the steps the best. A very tall and very wide set of steps facing east that take you from the lower street level to standing underneath the arch. Very dramatic.



I pulled into a KOA across the river in Granite City Ill.. I figured it would take me a bit to find Rt. 66 the next morning – but as luck would have it – the KOA sat right next to the Illinios Rt. 66. So I just took a left the next morning and was on my way.

No comments: