Sunday, June 06, 2010

Olde Good Things







I visited Olde Good Things in Manhattan a year a ago. The store features recycled architectural pieces from buildings and monuments. I have always loved these types of stores and frequently visited the few that are local to me. The smaller shops however - tend to focus on salvage from houses - hence the selection is a little less spectacular.
( But still cool! )

Olde Good Things is much more like a store from my past - Irreplaceable Artifacts. Based in NYC - these places featured much more interesting, one of a kind pieces from torn down buildings. Giant roman columns and gigantic doors. LOVE IT!

While at Olde Good Things last year - I saw mention of their Scranton PA warehouse.
"All our big stuff" as they informed me. So a visit was put on the list.

It was not a disappointment. An A M A Z I N G PLACE. I always had dreams of restoring a warehouse / loft - which would have been a great home for this type of "art" - but alas - it was not meant to be at this time. No complaints however. Eric and i have found a fun house to restore that is a much more realistic scale. So maybe someday..









See the rest of the pics on My Flickr

No comments: