Sunday, June 20, 2010


And we haaaave separation Folks!























Working on and off on the Subaru these days. I run into a problem - spend a day thinking about it..and then back to work again. Finally removed the engine today. ( About a week behind schedule..but whattodo?) Spent a couple of days trying to get the transmission to separate from the transmission. Once that finally happened - the front end damage on the car body was blocking the engine removal - so I spend a day psyching myself up to SawZAll the front end off the car. I was not looking forward to that. I hate that particular tool - loud, violent and a favorite of the DarwinAwards. But.. I pulled out the new SawZAll Jim gave me 2 years ago with a new metal blade - and WHOOSH - "like Butta " says Mr. Eric After I send the Subaru off to the junk yard - the fun part begins while I get to tinker with the subaru on the engine stand. AND ORDER MORE PARTS! yay!



1 comment:

jimmy said...

I am so happy I could help in some small way with your personnal automotive transplant...you westy must now bare the sticker like my vehicle..."DONATE LIFE".

Thanks for not becoming a Darwin Award candidate.