Wednesday, November 05, 2008

the Dating Game [ Mom says "Hi" ]

As the dream begins, I find Eric and myself at my parents house. While not resembling my childhood home in any manner, it was definitely my folks house. Mom is setting up for an event that she explains to me in great detail. Apparently it is like a progressive dinner / dating game. I think I remember being a bit confused as she explains while 4 bachelors and a rather homely woman enter the front door and head for different rooms.
Eric and I have been recruited to facilitate this whole event as it becomes clear mom and dad are headed out for the evening. I skeptically ask how we got roped into this duty and mom explains that her and dad are headed out to a nice dinner put on for all the hosts. As i am looking at dirty spaghetti plates, i relented to the task conceding that since this was Mom and Dad's wedding anniversary, I guess it would be OK....
Mom hikes her purse up on her shoulder as she heads out front to meet pop. As my lucidity cruelly kicks in, I lean over to give her a big hug and say " I really really miss you"

The dream ends and I awake sobbing.

Damn.

1 comment:

jimmy said...

@@yikes

I dream so much about work now I can;t tell what I've said to whom.

I get the mom dreams once in ahwhile.

Nice that she stops in...but tends to be sad.