Sunday, December 31, 2006


New Years in Pensacola

I helped my father drive down to Florida this year right after the holiday. I promised i would do my best to break-in his new Passat. The car is pretty sweet -though I think the VW ergonomic engineers made a few poor choices. The engine and 6 speed tranny are awesome. We made good time the whole trip and took just 2 days to get down to Perdido Key. I was scheduled to fly back to Rochester on the 31st [today] in the early morning - but the weather was uncooperative and my flight was cancelled. I was rescheduled for a late night flight back to Rochester instead. That put the ki-bosh on spending New Years with Eric in Syracuse :O( - but i figured I could at least go over the next morning. Well - on my return to the airport at 4:30pm this afternoon- I noted to the AirTran person that the time allotted to catch my Rochester connection in Atlanta was hmmm.... 15 minutes.. the AirTran person promptly noted that i would most likely miss the connection. Which I interpreted outloud "so I spend New Years in the Altanta Airport???" He mentioned getting a hotel at my own expense.. but i figured New Years was probably not the best night to "find" a hotel in Atlanta. So Dad and I headed back to Perdido Key and I cooked dinner for Aunt Betty, Uncle Ted, Dad and myself. I am on the morning flight to Atlanta for a 7 hour layover in Atlanta tommorrow. Should be interesting.

No comments: