Tuesday, December 20, 2005


I have been planning on creating a blog for a while now - but never seemed to find the time or event. So I figured i would start
one to document Eric and I's big Holiday trip. We started planning this trip well over a year ago when I became fixated on the idea of spending New Year's near a beach. I had some idea of a pig roast, a ukelele and fireworks. My friend Brian Porter was quickly ensnared in the plan as we searched for the perfect camping spot somewhere warm that we could drive my VW camper.
As it turned out - we quickly settled on Bahia Honda State park in the Florida Keys. Beautiful Park with very nice campsites right on the beach. I figured this would be the best destination for our trip and started looking to make resevations. HA! It never strikes me that maybe OTHER people may stumble across these bright ideas before i do.. So of course, here I am trying to make a reservation for a beach campsite at what turned out to be the most publicized camping ground in the United States. [ Thanks L.L. Bean!] Oh yeah...I wanted to have one their seven best sites on New Years too. So 2004 was out because they book a year in advance....So Brian and I teamed up last year in January and Brian managed to nab a site for New Years. All of the previous summer i was occupied with making sure the van was running well to keep the trip car drama free. I was mostly successful [ more later..] So unlike previous years where i put the van away in the fall before the cold weather - I kept the van out to get it ready for the trip - which mostly consisted of carefully packing it and getting the oil changed.

No comments: