Monday, December 26, 2005

Here we go!

We headed out this morning around 8 and made pretty good time out of New York. I was concerned about getting out of any potential weather [ The Vanagon is terrible in snow ] We made fairly good time and hit the Washington Beltway around 2:30.
I thought we were doing pretty well but we hit a traffic jam on the lower east side of 495 by the river and ended up spending
2+ hours in creeping traffic. My clutch leg was numb! Traffic remained heavy on South 95 out of the capital almost all the way to Richmond. I was hoping to make it halfway through North Carolina today but no luck. I was stressing about it and Eric had to keep reminding me that we were on **vacation** and there was in fact no hurray. Good point. We called it a night near Fredericksburg. After grabbing some Chinese food - We stopped by Target to pick up supplies that I inadvertently left at home. Afterwards - We crashed at a hotel nearby.

No comments: