Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Cedar Point









Eric and I trekked out to Cedar Point this past weekend for Eric's birthday.

Cedar Point also had a light show this summer over by Frontierland. At first, i dismissed it as just a lot of LED Christmas lights, but it was actually pretty neat underneath them all.



A very nice weekend. We managed to hop on the Maverick, Gemini, Millennium Force and Magnum [ my favorite ]

For me - the scariest part of these rides is the ride up. Once i get slowly up several hundred feet - I start looking off to the sides and begin the math on this Skinny tOtTeRy 7 foot wide structure and Metal fatigue. From there - the descent is a relief. Check out the Magnum Video below at the :52 second mark. YIKES.

Other videos on YouTube of our rides

Millenium Force



Maverick



Magnum



Gemini



And of course -

The Blue Streak




The oldest at Cedar Point. And yet- an interesting lesson - when we rode this "old slow" coaster - i left my camera in my shirt pocket without much thought. Yet on the first drop - the camera floated right out of my pocket and I spent the entire ride with one hand keeping it in the pocket. It made me wonder about people bringing cameras on all these other coasters. Yikes.

In years past, we have always managed to time our trip with when the park is NOT full - but this year - it was a typical[?] summer weekend - and the lines were long for a lot of rides. We did manage to hit the Hibachi restaurant in our hotel YUM

No comments: