Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Holidays! [again..]












Eric and I managed to get Chilipepper pried out of my mechanics hands at 9:30 pm Friday night. [ It will still need some additional bearing work..] After a stop at Lowes - it was off to Jones Pond for the weekend with an arrival around 11:30pm. We spent Saturday with our friend Jeff digging at our site. I started a big project at the site last July and er... kinda left it all winter. Basically a giant trench and a pile of R.R. ties. I was supposed to go down a couple of times before Memorial day to restart the project - but Chilipepper ended up being in the shop 4 weeks! The van needed some odd parts and the garage was really busy..... so except for mowing the grass last weekend - this was the first chance we had to work on it. We are building up a retaining wall with a french drain behind it. Once it is complete, we will have it filled with gravel. It was give us a wide [ and dry!] level driveway for camping. I was hoping to have it done by next week for family weekend - i have my sister and brother's families coming down for some camping and cooking! But ... the second load of R.R. ties never arrived... [ next week they tell me...] so it will probably be finished sometime in the end of June. We made good progress on Saturday.. so now i am trying to think of anything i should do before we fill it in. So I am looking at low voltage lighting and some additional drainage ideas in the meantime.......

No comments: