Monday, June 04, 2007

Bathroom finished

I completed the upstairs bathroom several weeks ago - but did not get a chance to post pics. Overall I am very happy how it came out. I really wanted to pull off a slick job to convince myself I could actually do this on a regular basis. I ended up subcontracting several parts to avoid a chance of a mistake due to my inexperience. So the shower base and the toilet were set by a plumber [$$$] Also - after i laid the floor tile, I had a friend Travis come over to help me grout. The required grout job was not rocket science - but i knew it would take me 4 hours and be an "OK" job - whereas it took Travis hmmm... 21 minutes to do it and it looks WAY better than I could have pulled off.


















































So lessons learned:

  • Self leveling concrete does not always self level.
  • Don't buy concrete in Barbie pail sizes to avoid a mess. [$$$]
  • Lowes only charges $150 to install a shower door.
  • Use only your Lowes and/or Home Depot Credit cards during a project to track expense better.
  • I took WAY too long to figure out a couple of things

No comments: