Monday, December 18, 2006

Bittersweet week


The week started out on a positive note. I met with my thesis advisor Kim Sherman at RIT on Monday and handed in my last[?] revision to my MFA thesis. Completing the thesis has really felt like a weight off my back. [the "big loser" kind...] It has been like a background guilt I have had in my head for the past several years. I can hopefully get the thesis signed off on early next month and then I am hoping to prepare it for putting in my web portfolio. [ ie. - lots more illustrations - ugh..] But still a good feeling overall. I have been contemplating my next career steps for... hmmm.. 3-4 years now and figured I could not make another move until i finished thesis.















Well.. apparently Fate gave my employer a call that day and ..Tuesday I was downsized.
As in "Thanks for 10 years - C-ya.." I knew it was possibly coming and had my office half cleaned out already [ except the Lava Lamps in the picture ]

-but it still stings a bit.

I am actually fortunate - I wanted an exit and the company gave me one. I am not sure that is true for 13 of my other coworkers who were also walked out.

I look at it as an Opportunity. [ the good kind ]


No comments: