Monday, January 02, 2006

Things to do:


People pointed out to me that I am "not a beach person" and wondered what we might do with all the time we had at the park. "Down time" has never been my strong suit, so i planned to work on the vanagon. i had a bunch of projects i planned to tinker with while we were in warm weather. I brought with us a driving light set along with a factory fog light switch, A box of wiring accesories, my new Makita Cordless drill and the socket set. But motivation to work on the van seemed to evaporate every day as the sun got higher. i did manage to take pictures of some of my past vanagon projects that were proving useful.

An indoor/outdoor thermostat / voltmeter that is modifed to monitor fridge temp and the auxillary battery






Auxillary Fuse block and amplifier under back seat











An extra 12 outlet tucked in the back hatch area wired to the auxillary battery.






A custom window screen with magnets for the front window of the car







When not in use - I store it in the bunk of the van








And this is a Sylvania DOT light. They just came out. I temporarily mounted it above the lower bunk just to evaluate it.
I will be wiring up a pair of the them in the back this spring with a resistor and switch to the auxillary battery. Just to note - the white LEDs attract bugs. :O(

No comments: